The wiki is back up to date!
Please feel free to add your example data analysis using mothur to the wiki and add the link below.
Pyrosequencing 16S rRNA sequence analysis
- Schloss's MiSeq SOP - Contributed by Pat Schloss
- Schloss's 454 SOP - Contributed by Pat Schloss - This is the method used in the Schloss et al. PLoS ONE paper.
- Costello stool analysis - Contributed by Pat Schloss [Only for historical reference]
- Sogin data analysis - Contributed by Pat Schloss [Only for historical reference]
- Pyrosequences from deep anoxic cenotes - Contributed by Jason Sahl [Only for historical reference]
- Characterizing community composition along a transect of hypersaline sediments - Contributed by Emily B. Hollister[Only for historical reference]
Sanger 16S rRNA sequence analysis
- Esophageal community analysis - Contributed by Pat Schloss[Only for historical reference]
- Marine community analysis - Contributed by Donovan Parks
- Agricultural soil community analysis - Contributed by Martin Hartmann
- The effects of eutrophication on the structure of bacterial biofilms - Contributed by David J Van Horn
Ion Torrent sequence analysis
Sanger 16S-ITS rRNA sequence analysis
Protein-coding gene analysis
- Analysis of the aclB gene in a hot spring: a non-16S rRNA gene example - Contributed by Justine Hall
- Pyrosequencing of functional genes - basic data processing, comparing alignment strategies, and integrating mothur output with ARB - Contributed by Brian Oakley
- Analysis of coxL richness in relation to total community richness across a succession gradient on Kilauea Volcano - Contributed by Carolyn F. Weber
Viral sequence analysis
- Limits of T-RFLP fingerprinting of microbial communities - Contributed by Blaz Stres (under construction)
- Finding/Extracting sequences and manipulating sequence names for analysis - Contributed by Ryan Lesniewski (under construction)