We will be hosting an R workshop in May 2016. Learn more.
Please feel free to add your example data analysis using mothur to the wiki and add the link below.
Pyrosequencing 16S rRNA sequence analysis
- Schloss's MiSeq SOP - Contributed by Pat Schloss
- Schloss's 454 SOP - Contributed by Pat Schloss - This is the method used in the Schloss et al. PLoS ONE paper.
- Costello stool analysis - Contributed by Pat Schloss [Only for historical reference]
- Sogin data analysis - Contributed by Pat Schloss [Only for historical reference]
- Pyrosequences from deep anoxic cenotes - Contributed by Jason Sahl [Only for historical reference]
- Characterizing community composition along a transect of hypersaline sediments - Contributed by Emily B. Hollister[Only for historical reference]
Sanger 16S rRNA sequence analysis
- Esophageal community analysis - Contributed by Pat Schloss[Only for historical reference]
- Marine community analysis - Contributed by Donovan Parks
- Agricultural soil community analysis - Contributed by Martin Hartmann
- The effects of eutrophication on the structure of bacterial biofilms - Contributed by David J Van Horn
Ion Torrent sequence analysis
Sanger 16S-ITS rRNA sequence analysis
Protein-coding gene analysis
- Analysis of the aclB gene in a hot spring: a non-16S rRNA gene example - Contributed by Justine Hall
- Pyrosequencing of functional genes - basic data processing, comparing alignment strategies, and integrating mothur output with ARB - Contributed by Brian Oakley
- Analysis of coxL richness in relation to total community richness across a succession gradient on Kilauea Volcano - Contributed by Carolyn F. Weber
Viral sequence analysis
- Limits of T-RFLP fingerprinting of microbial communities - Contributed by Blaz Stres (under construction)
- Finding/Extracting sequences and manipulating sequence names for analysis - Contributed by Ryan Lesniewski (under construction)